God promises to be with us when we face the seas crossings of a:
- Fresh school year, with unfamiliar teachers, classmates, and subjects.
- New job, with unexpected challenges and responsibilities.
- Lost relationship, with feelings of regret and uncertainty and self-doubt.
- Serious illness, with sadness and fear and exhaustion and pain.
- Death in the family, with shock and anger and confusion and grief.
- New relationship, with feelings of excitement, hope, and ever-present anxiety.
- Worldwide pandemic, with no vaccine or end in sight.
- Racial unrest, with tension and anxiety and no clear or easy answers.
- Exodus 14:19-31